William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
- We value our students’ experiences (academic and co-curricular) and the necessity for students to participate, contribute and involve themselves in the educational process.
- We value faculty members who are models of intellectual and spiritual growth and who lead students in their educational journey.
- We value our employees and are committed to providing an outstanding work experience.
- We value the promise of community to shape us, enriched by our similarities and differences.
- We value engaging the world.
- We value a comprehensive living/learning experience for students.
- We value our educational, cultural and economic connections to Kansas City.
- We value using our resources (human, physical, environmental and fiscal) responsibly.
William Jewell College will be a nationally recognized liberal arts college that encourages intellectual and spiritual growth, leadership and service. We will empower and challenge individuals and communities to enrich their lives and society by
- raising and engaging significant questions in pursuit of knowledge and wisdom;
- providing educational experiences that support career development in the context of a liberal arts environment;
- creating academic experiences that cultivate talent development and inspire creativity;
- excelling at the use of effective and diverse methodologies and technologies for teaching and learning;
- serving others to create a more compassionate and just world;
- grappling with the meaning and implications of both Christian faith and other perspectives through disciplined and intimate conversations;
- celebrating the fact that the human community is diverse while respecting and accepting differences;
- fostering models of responsible community living for our students.