Financial Aid Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Contact: Office of Financial Aid
Traditional Program (Fall and Spring Semesters)
If a student (excluding MS Ed and AT Nursing Programs) withdraws from school or decreases hours after classes begin, applicable credits for tuition, room, meals and fees will be computed according to the following schedule. Credits for classes are based upon the date the student notifies the Office of Student Life in writing or in person. Credit for room and meals are based upon the date the student notifies Student Life in writing or in person. The following percentages apply:
- Prior to the first day of classes, the refund is 100%
- Beginning with the first day and continuing through the first week of classes , the credit is 90%
- During the second week, the credit is 75%
- During the third week, the credit is 50%
- During the fourth week, the credit is 25%
- No refund will be applied after the fourth week of class
- NOTE: the refund schedule for seven-week classes, BSN-AT and MSEd is different; please contact the Business Office before dropping classes.
Change of Course: Prior to the close of the registration period for each semester, the College will credit any tuition charges made for courses dropped by the student when an equivalent number of hours is added. After the close of registration, the credit will be calculated using the same rates as shown above.
Rooms & Meals: The College’s refund plan for room and meals is in accordance with the refund plan for withdrawal’s. Please see the above refund schedule for applicable room and board charges.
Room Deposits: After June 30, room deposits for returning students may be refunded only if the applicant is physically unable to enroll or the college cannot provide residence hall space. Once students occupy a residence hall room, the deposit becomes a reservation/damage deposit held in escrow until the student graduate or moves off campus. A student will forfeit the room deposit if they do not notify Student Life of their intention not to return by June 30 or December 1 for the fall and spring semesters respectively.
Students withdrawing from Summer School (excluding AT Nursing Program) courses will be credited tuition and fees according to the following schedules:
- Four week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st-3rd day: 90%; 4th-6th day: 50%; 7th-8th day: 25%.
- Eight week courses: Prior to the first day of class: 100%; 1st week: 90%; 2nd week: 50%; 3rd week: 25%.
Return of non-federal student aid and personal payments
If the student received federal aid, the return of federal funds is the first priority. If the student received state or institutional aid, or made personal payments, the state and institutional aid are repaid proportionally according to the source of payment. Repayment of aid programs may result in a balance due on the student’s institutional account. A copy of the calculation used to apportion repayment will be mailed to the student’s permanent address.