Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can assist in a language lab, create videos for the marketing team, lead campus tours, help the groundskeeping crew, tutor or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
Academic Year 2019-2020
- Business Office Accounting Assistant
- Career Development & Internships Career Specialist
- Central Services Mailroom
- Central Services Reprographics
- Department of Athletics Athletic Administration Assistant
- Department of Athletics Athletic Trainer Assistant
- Department of Athletics Mabee Center Supervisor
- Department of Athletics Video/Film Assistant
- Department of Music Office Assistant
- Department of Nursing Office Assistant
- Department of Teaching & Learning Technologies eHub Student Technician
- Facilities Management Audio/Visual
- Facilities Management Grounds/Landscaping
- Facilities Management Office Assistant
- Facilities Management Trades (Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC)
- Facilities Management Utility
- Harriman-Jewell Series Intern
- Information Technology Helpdesk Support
- Library Services Library Student Assistant
- Office of Admission Cardinal Blazer
- Office of Admission Data Entry Assistant
- Office of Admission Event Assistant
- Office of Admission Visit Assistant
- Office of Financial Aid America Reads Tutor
- Office of Financial Aid Default Prevention Assistant
- Office of Financial Aid Office Assistant
- Office of Institutional Advancement Student Administrative Associate
- Office of Institutional Advancement Student Development Associate
- Office of Marketing Social Media Assistant
You've been hired! Now what?
- Sign the Student Work Agreement
- Sign the Department Expectations of Employment
- Sign the Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Federal W-4 and State W-4 Forms. Submit them to Human Resources in Curry Library
- Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form)
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization