Almost every department on campus offers employment for students. You can earn money without leaving campus, learn valuable skills and explore career paths.
Looking for ways to cover tuition and living expenses? Our academic and administrative offices offer a variety of jobs for students through the federal work study program and campus-funded positions. Most students work about 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20. You can lead campus tours, support performing arts, assist coaching staff, take photos or hold dozens of other positions.
Steps for Student Employment
- Complete a Jewell Student Worker Application. This form is required of all first-year students seeking employment. Upperclassman who have previously completed this form and submitted it to Human Resources will not be required to complete it on an annual basis.
- Prepare a resumé. Not all departments will require a resumé; however, having one will add that extra touch when you inquire about an open position.
- Come to campus prepared. When you come to campus, bring different forms of identification. Federal and State law require original documentation to be viewed by College personnel before being photocopied. Click here for the acceptable forms of documentation.
- Search On-Campus Jobs.
- Athletics Concessions
- Athletics Football Camera Operator
- Athletics Game-day Operations
- Central Services Assistant
- Central Services Cardinal Bookstore Clerk
- Central Services Reprographics/Mailroom
- Facilities Grounds
- Facilities Office Assistant
- Facilities Utility
- Nursing Department Office Assistant (2 openings)
You've been hired! Now what?
- Sign the Student Work Agreement and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign the Department Expectations of Employment
- Sign the Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Federal W-4 and State W-4 Forms. Submit them to Human Resources in Curry Library
- Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form)
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization