Partnering for your student's success
As the parents and families of Jewell students, we recognize the important role you play. We believe partnering with you will positively impact your student’s collegiate experience.
Like you, we want your student to thrive and be an active part of the Jewell community. These resources, recommended by people who have been in your shoes, will keep you informed about Jewell activities, help you understand what life is like on our campus and offer ways you can stay involved in your student's college experience, no matter the distance.
The First-Year Experience
This program is designed to help students have a smooth transition to college life. Read more about Jewell's First-Year Experience and Orientation, Cardinal Day and Summer Fling.
For information about health services, immunizations and exemptions, visit our Health Center web page.
What You Need to Know
These resources will help you navigate your Jewell experience as the parent of a Jewell student.
- The Academic Achievement Center is a terrific resource for Jewell students who want to stay on top of their academic progress. Make sure your student never misses a meeting with his/her Academic Advisor. The academic advisor will partner with your student to prepare a plan for graduating in three or 4 years.
- Career Development and Internships can help students explore areas of interest, find internships, perfect resumes and identify potential job opportunities.
- Paying for college doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Educate yourself on the financial aid process, scholarships, grants and student loans. The Guide to Federal Student Aid provides a lot of important information. To learn more about student employment on campus and review open positions, visit our Student Jobs web page.
- File the FAFSA as soon after January 1 of the same year for which you are applying for financial aid. Here are some tips for filling out the FAFSA.
- Be familiar with FERPA, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, so you'll know what information you can access on behalf of your student.
- The Parent Handout accompanies the 'My Student is Going to Jewell: Parents 101' Zoom sessions on June 28 and July 12.
- Refer to the Parent Agenda for opening day of Orientation on August 21.
- Get familiar with move-in day preparations with the Parent Workshop Presentation.
- This letter on COVID-19 Vaccines was emailed to your student on July 19, 2021.
Parent Events (Virtual)
- New Parent Virtual Session - July 12: The purpose of this session was to 1) introduce available parent resources and 2) share information with parents so they can provide support to their student over the summer and help ensure students are ready to begin classes on Wednesday, Aug. 25. If you were unable to attend this event, refer to the presentation slides or the event recording.
- New Parents of Student Athletes - July 19: The purpose of this session was to help parents of student-athletes understand the role of the Athletic Department in supporting student-athletes and when other college-provided support services and resources should be sought by the student-athlete. If you were unable to attend this event, refer to the presentation slides or the event recording.
- All Parent Meeting - Aug. 9: The purpose of this session was to provide parents an opportunity to hear from administrators and staff on fall semester operations and student support systems. If you were unable to attend this event, refer to the presentation slides or the event recording.
News and Information
- Keep track of holidays, breaks and important dates with our downloadable semester calendars.
- Jewell Magazine is distributed to parents, alumni and friends of William Jewell College, highlighting Jewell people, programs, news, athletics and more. View the latest issue.
- Read our news releases or see upcoming campus events at jewell.edu/news-events.
- See photos of events, student life and athletics at photos.jewell.edu (or click on the camera at the bottom of any web page). You can download digital images for 99 cents or order prints that will be delivered to your home.
- Follow us! You can find the links to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In accounts at the bottom of every web page.