As the parents and families of Jewell students, we recognize the important role you play. We believe partnering with you will positively impact your student’s collegiate experience.
Partnering for your student's success
Like you, we want your student to thrive and be an active part of the Jewell community. These resources, recommended by people who have been in your shoes, will keep you informed about Jewell activities, help you understand what life is like on our campus and offer ways you can stay involved in your student's college experience, no matter the distance.
Orientation Just for Parents
Each fall during Orientation, we have special sessions just for you. You can see firsthand what your student will experience in the Responsible Self Class by attending a mini session with a professor, learn about Greek life at Jewell and hear from a panel of faculty and staff on what you should know as your student transitions to college. And you'll want to have your camera ready as your student take the ceremonious First Walk Around the Quad behind bagpipers. It's a time-honored tradition that's repeated on Commencement Day.
The First-Year Experience
This program is designed to help students have a smooth transition to college life. Read more about Jewell's First-Year Experience and Orientation.
What You Need to Know
These resources will help you navigate your Jewell experience as the parent of a Jewell student.
- The Academic Achievement Center is a terrific resource for Jewell students who want to stay on top of their academic progress. Make sure your student never misses a meeting with his/her Academic Advisor. The academic advisor will partner with your student to prepare a plan for graduating in three or 4 years.
- Career Development and Internships can help students explore areas of interest, find internships, perfect resumes and identify potential job opportunities.
- Paying for college doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Educate yourself on the financial aid process, scholarships, grants and student loans. The Guide to Federal Student Aid provides a lot of important information.
- File the FAFSA as soon after January 1 of the same year for which you are applying for financial aid. Here are some tips for filling out the FAFSA.
- Be familiar with FERPA, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, so you'll know what information you can access on behalf of your student.
Keep track of holidays and important dates with our downloadable semester calendars.
Cardinal Care Packages
Share your support by sending a custom Cardinal Care Package to your Jewell student for mid-terms or finals week. We will personalize it for your student and deliver it to their room. Read more or place your order.