You will think critically and rigorously about life: What is the meaning of life? How should I behave? How do faith and intellectual inquiry intersect? What makes a society just?
Tackle the Big Questions
Studying philosophy enables you to understand the foundations of your culture. Who are we, what shaped us and why do we see things as we do? Most philosophy students begin their studies thinking they may be the only ones who have ever pondered these questions, but they graduate knowing they have been participating in an ancient discipline that has shaped human experience.
A Mental Adventure
- All upper-level philosophy classes taught as 6-12 person seminars focusing on informed student conversations.
- Small class sizes enable thoughtful discussion and rigorous examination of arguments.
- You'll pay discuss and debate real-world controversies concerning the environment, business, medicine, gender relations, abortion, sexuality, politics and science.
- You'll learn from expert faculty with Ph.D.s from top-tier philosophy graduate schools like Oxford, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh.
- The intellectual challenge in a demanding classroom environment will prepare you for law school, an MBA or the business world.