Documentation Guidelines for Medical/Physical Disability
The Office of Accessibility Services will accept current diagnoses of medical/physical disabilities that are based on appropriate diagnostic evaluations administered by trained and qualified (i.e., certified and/or licensed) professionals (e.g., medical doctors, ophthalmologists, psychologists, neuropsychologists).The report should be printed on professional letterhead and may not be written by an immediate family member of the individual. The report should be faxed to the Accessibility Services office at 816-415-5031 or mailed to the Accessibility Services Office, Attention: Missy Henry, Box 2001, 500 College Hill, Liberty, MO 64068.
A comprehensive report should contain the following information:
- Date of initial identification
- Date of current evaluation
- Current treatment and restrictions with expected duration of each
- Prognosis or expected future status6.Impairments resulting from the diagnosis
- Functional limitations, especially for school-related functions
- Recommendations for accommodations, including rationale
- If medication is prescribed:
- Impact on school functioning, including attendance
- Known side effects related to school functioning, if any
- If applying for a housing and/or dining accommodation,please include all functional limitations directly related to residential living and/or the meal plan. Please include a rationale for each recommendation.
- General comments from the evaluator are welcomed and appreciated.