The Office of Disability Services
We are committed to the full inclusion of students, faculty and staff in the life of the Jewell Community in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (including the ADA Amendments Act of 2008) and the Fair Housing Act. Our goal is to provide support and resources to ensure an accessible and welcoming environment for individuals with disabilities and to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations in the areas of learning/academics, housing, dining and the workplace.
How do I request accommodations?
To prevent discrimination on the basis of disability, reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services are determined on a case-by-case basis for otherwise qualified individuals who have a demonstrated need for these services and can provide appropriate documentation.
- Request for Accommodation Application and Info
- Documentation Criteria for ADHD/ADD
- Documentation Guidelines for Allergy and/or Asthma Related Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Specific Learning Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Psychiatric Disabilities
- Documentation Guidelines for Medical Disabilities
Please review the information below to learn more about our Disability Services policies, procedures and guidelines:
- ESA (Emotional Support Animal) Policy
- Reduced Course Load Policy
- Disability Services Grievance Policy
- FERPA - Protecting Student Information
- What are my Rights and Responsibilities?
Do you need to request alternative text books? Where are the accessible computers on campus? What are the accessibility features on my iPad? Please use the following resources to answer common questions about accessible technology.
- Request for Alternative Text
- The accessible computer is currently located on the 2nd floor of the PLC building. Software and accessibility features include: Abby Fine Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Essential Accessibility, Natural Reader, and Live Voice to Text.
Any individual planning a visit to campus who may require an accommodation should contact the event coordinator in order to make a request. Visitors may also contact the Disability Services office at 816-415-7556 or email email@example.com to make a request for an accommodation on campus.