As a music minor, you can study a shortened version of our music degree. You can choose a major in another field while receiving high-quality instruction to advance your music interests while in college or perhaps to be an active in amateur music after graduation.
What will I do?
When you graduate from Jewell’s music program, you will be able to:
- Perform to a high standard on at least one instrument or voice
- Demonstrate an understanding of common practice and post tonal theory
- Speak with conviction about the development of music in the western tradition
- Use with some fluency at least one music related computer application
- Have an understanding of the business of music
- Confidently undertake research, making use of available resources (library, online, databases, etc.)