Learn more about completing your nursing degree at William Jewell College. We emphasize mind, body and spirit, both in the classroom and in life based upon our Nursing Hallmarks: Integrity, Compassion, Leadership, Scholarship, Excellence in Practice and Service to Others.
PROGRAM SELECTION IS BASED UPON:
- Completion of your application to William Jewell College
- Submission of official copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions at which you have been enrolled in courses or have received financial aid, even if credit was not awarded
- Applicants normally present a minimum GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite courses completed prior to the beginning of nursing classes with a minimum grade of C- in all courses. Preference is given to candidates with B- or better in prerequisite courses.
- Any nursing courses, such as Nutrition, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, must transfer with a B- or better
- One reference, preferably from an employer or a faculty member
- A selective interview with members of the Nursing Department
- A résumé detailing any community, volunteer and health-related experiences
- Completion of a pre-nursing admission exam (fee required)
Consult William Jewell College’s Course Catalog section titled “Requirements for Transfer Admission.” Your requirements for completing a bachelor’s degree will have to be determined in consultation with the Registrar and the Department of Nursing.
Transfer Nursing Application Process
Jewell offers spring and fall entry points for nursing. Please complete the following steps if you are an undergraduate student desiring to transfer to William Jewell College.
To start in January, submit your application, official transcripts and supplemental items by November 15.
To start in August, submit your application, official transcripts and supplemental items by July 1.
Spring Application Completion Deadline: November 15
Fall Application Completion Deadline: June 15
> Transfer Nursing Admission Policy